Sunday, January 23, 2005

Bloggertisements?

I just wanted to make a second post point this out, and one other unrelated thing.

After I post to my blog, and view it, I tend to hit the "next blog" button (you should too, it can be fun). One of the things I've been noticing though, are blogs for say, credit cards, that automatically post the same thing every day. There is a service you can check off that indexes your posts each day, kind of like a random blog search engine. I'm assuming that this is the point of such "bloggertisements"©, just another form of spam. At least they can't post such spam to your blog (or mine) without illegally hacking it... yet...

The other thing I wanted to point out was the new makeup scam. I noticed that certain products my sister owns (and she buys TONS of them) say "Final product not tested on animals". Note the key word: Final. This tells me (and should tell any other educated consumer) that the seperate parts testing leading up to the culmination of that product have more than likely BEEN tested on animals!

In other words, you can have a product consisting of water, sugar, caramel coloring, caffeine, high fructose corn syrup (yes, coca cola essentially), that is not tested on animals, but a warning like the above suggests that the water was tested on animals, the sugar was tested on animals, the caramel coloring was tested on animals, etc. IOW, the individual ingredients were tested on animals, so why would you test the final completed product on animals? It just seems to me that it's more "sneaky jargon" designed to hide the truth, but in a way that they can't say they lied about it...

Of course, this also brings up the question: Do we really need rabbits that smell like Rosewater and Honeysuckle?

No comments: