Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Hospital, O Hospital, O festival of lights...

Argh. I just spent the better part of a week back at the hospital. They did chest x-rays, CT scans, even the Cath test (angiogram, you know, the one where they put a catheterscope through your wrist or groin, then snake it up into your heart and arteries to check them out from the inside?). Well, I have mild hypertension (as noted before), and the good news is my heart and arteries check out alright. They think it's my stomach. I'll be getting a few prescriptions, and eventually an endoscopy (similar to the angiogram, except I think they go from your anus and snake it up into your stomach. I kid you not).

I did have a few scary moments (like a bad reaction to the angiogram later in the day), but I'm glad to be home. I intend a full change of lifestyle. I've already started making dietary improvement plans, and plan to exercise more (if I can get some money, there's a martial arts place within walking distance. Maybe I can learn stick fighting). As I said in the previous post, I plan on walking around stress. I'm thinking (again, if I can get some money) on moving out to a nice, quiet place.

No comments: