Wednesday, June 07, 2006

On a political note...

Regular visitors to my blog know I'm rarely "serious" and even more seldom am I "political", but this pissed me off, and I need to share (especially since I *live here*!)


Homeland Security's rationale for stabbing the city in the back, as Rep. Pete King put it, was based on figments of the imagination and outright lies, all recorded in black and white on the score sheet used by the department for determining which cities got funding. By Chertoff's reckoning, New York has not a single national monument or icon that needs special security. No Ground Zero. No Empire State Building. No New York Stock Exchange. No Federal Reserve Bank. No St. Patrick's Cathedral. No Statue of Liberty. No nothing.


Feel free to Read more specifics here.


On a lighter note, they found a Rare White Millipede.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: