Monday, July 03, 2006

You silly Ken-ig-its...

Nobody actually misses me, so don't play sly Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting.

I'm kidding, of course, and I deeply appreciate it when you fine folk actually post comments asking where I am. Well, I did what most people do on a summer holiday weekend (except I'm not most people), and I went away for a few days. Nothing huge, travel wise. I stayed with my friend from friday to monday.

On Saturday, we went to the beach. My first trip in almost 10 years. But hey, since Shrew will have to come into Long Island to go to the beach from now on, she can pick me up along the way :Þ

Oh, did I mention we went to the clothing optional part of the beach? Woohoo! The only "optional" thing for me was my shirt. Pants stayed firmly in place. I have to admit though, seeing as how about a quarter of the people there shared my same body type, I would have fit in fine if I had gone sans pants. Of course, I'm so terribly shy and self conscious, I think I would have turned red all over from embarassment. As is, I did get some tan, and a little bit of sunburn (nothing major), and it was just so nice. Gorgeous day, great breeze, no clouds. Walking on the beach is a b*tch though. We walked for over a mile on the beach, then about a mile and a half back on the boardwalk (since from that side of the beach it's a scenic trail boardwalk, it's longer back to the parking lot). I slept well that night!

Sunday, we got up early, went to see "Superman Returns". Alas, I was disappointed :( I admit, I've always been a Marvel Xombie, but I really do enjoy the marvel comic book movies more than the DC comic book movies (I didn't think "Batman Begins" was any great shakes last year, either). I hope the Wonder Woman movie is better.

We also watched a couple of my favorite movies, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", and "Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children". Overall, it was one of the best weekends I've had in awhile.

Oh yeah, we also went to Pearl Paint (out on the island, not the huge one on canal street in the city), it's an art store (well, arts and crafts now). I kept looking for one particular product, and was disappointed they didn't have it. Well, they did actually. For some odd reason, I kept looking around this huge display of the pens, and not actually *at* it... That's my blonde moment for the month (summer, hopefully) Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That's about it for me. And yes, that's about how exciting things get for me (unless you count the sunburn at my hairline. Ouch!).

Take it easy folks, and have a relaxing summer!

No comments: