Friday, January 23, 2004

Friggin' A. Who knew you could blog right from the Google toolbar on your browser? Sweet...

Anyway, onto less (or more) sordid things.

"Right Place at the Right Time" entry: I was walking to work the other day, and not 20 feet above my head were two crows chasing away a falcon. How cool is that? I've been to upstate NY, seen an eagle way off in the distance at a lake once, and seen several birds of prey down south in North Carolina, but never that close, and not being chased away by crows of all birds. It was just a really nifty sight to behold.


"Clothing Miracle?": For the second time in just over a year, I've experienced what I can only call a clothing miracle. Now, I don't get new clothing that often. It's just not fiscally possible for me. So I'm painfully aware of what clothing I do have. But sometimes, I seem to get new clothing out of thin air! And there's always the same "reversal of buttonry" on each. The first was a regular shirt. No collar (I'm not fond of them). It was long sleeved, fairly thin material, somewhat stretchy. I had bought a few of them at Kmart in NY when the going out of biz sale occured at my local venue. All the same shirts, same style, and with a series of buttons. I liked them because a] they stretched, b] they were adjustable enough (I could roll up the sleeves, open a few buttons and wear them during warmer weather). I got a few different colors, but only *one* of each color. They were like 5 bucks each, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them. I'd also like to add at this point, that I am not your normal "S,M,L,XL" guy. So shirts my size don't generally just 'turn up'. Well, I was living in Raleigh last December (2002), and had my stuff hung up. I was putting clean laundry away, and noticed an extra shirt in my closet. I noticed it, because it was the same color as one of my other shirts, and had the exact same properties, except: No buttons. The shirt went straight up to the elastic collar. I've never bought, or was given this shirt. Yet here it was suddenly. It's not like I would have put it away and didn't notice the two shirts. That second shirt just *wasn't there before*. On top of that, it was also the same size as my other shirts, so it couldn't have just belonged to someone and gotten mistaken for mine. I asked my roommates, and they had no clue about it. It would certainly have been odd to boot, to just get someone a single shirt like that, and hang it in their closet.

The more recent occurance, was with a sweater. I'm not a big sweater wearer, although I will use them sometimes. I have a couple of decent ones (nothing special), except, I now own an extra sweater, that is also virtually identical to one I already owned, except: This one HAS a few buttons running down the front of the collar, whereas my original one has no buttons. But the color, texture and size are all exactly the same again! This time, the sweater was found in a basket full of the kids clothing (my friends kids, I share a room in his house). Again, nobody in the household, even visitors, are even close to my size, so there's no mistaking who the shirt belongs to!

Is it a miracle? Maybe. I'd like to think it is. Gives me some hope.

Now what I could really use to multiply is underwear and jeans...

No comments: