Friday, January 02, 2004

I'm your friendly cyberhood on-off blog poster. LOVE ME!


*ahem*


Sorry. I'm over it. I think... LO... yeah, I'm over it.

So, how did you spend your new years day? Who here had a hangover, raise your glass.
Who here got laid? No no, no need to get out of bed.

Who here did neither? Oh wait, you're reading this blog, so I guess that's all of you... Oh well, at least you're not alone :]

I've never put much stock in the old addage that what you do the first day of the year dictates the rest of your year. It never has before (and I hope it doesn't now, because I slept like crazy. I slept for 15 hours, spent about an hour and a half on the phone talking to family and the former girlfriend, then took a two hour nap, and was ready for bed 6 and a half hours later!).

What are my goals for this year? Well, to get out of this darn funk. It's really kept me from doing a lot. I have practically stopped drawing because of it. I mean, I've had my slow spots, but I just have NO desire whatsoever to draw. That's bad. I could write. Although granted I have more "creativity" than "writing" in me, I almost got a job writing a sequel to a big budget hollywood effects movie. (I probably exaggerate how close I actually came, but I did speak to some up-and-ups at the actual studio, and got the legitimized reason why I was turned down (aside from the fact it seems they have decided to not go through with a sequel for the time being), plus I know the people who were responsible for the first movie, so I like to think I am more important to the franchise than I actually am. :]

I would like to draw (period. as opposed to more), and make them actual scenes (backgrounds and all). The best thing I drew in 2003 was a 4 page sequential story for a drawoff at Digital Webbing, featuring my own character and that of another forum members. He won the draw off, but I had a lot of fun. I got to be creative, humorous, I got to draw sequentials, and I even drew backgrounds (they weren't overly detailed, but then the entire scenario was akin to a Road Runner episode, so they were as detailed as they needed to be). I want to do more like that, and I want to do entire books worth (at least 22 pages). I started pencilling someone's script, and in the first panel alone I achieved detail that I didn't realize I was capable of. I know I have it within me, I am just so lacking in drive/motivation...


No comments: