Saturday, February 18, 2006

Oscar Predictions!

Figured I'd make my Oscar predictions since it's only about 3 weeks away (and me, being a procrastinator, would probably make my predicitions a week after the event, if I wasn't going to do it right now.)

Best Picture
Capote

Best Director
Ang Lee, Brokeback Mountain

Best Actor
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Capote

Best Actress
Felicity Huffman, Transamerica

Best Supporting Actor
Jake Gyllenhaal, Brokeback Mountain

Best Supporting Actress
Rachel Weisz, The Constant Gardener

Original Screenplay
Good Night, and Good Luck, George Clooney & Grant Heslov

Adapted Screenplay
Brokeback Mountain, Larry McMurtry & Diana Ossana

Best Animated Feature
Howl's Moving Castle

Best Foreign-Language Film
Tsotsi (South Africa)

Art Direction
Memoirs of a Geisha

Cinematography
Memoirs of a Geisha

Costume Design
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Documentary Feature
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

Documentary Short
God Sleeps in Rwanda

Film Editing
Cinderella Man

Makeup
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Original Score
Munich, John Williams

Original Song
"In the Deep" (Crash), music by Kathleen "Bird" York & Michael Becker; lyrics by Kathleen "Bird" York

Animated Short
The Moon and the Son: An Imagined Conversation

Live-Action Short
Ausreisser (The Runaway)

Sound Editing
King Kong

Sound Mixing
War of the Worlds

Visual Effects
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

There you have it, folks. If I'm right on all/most of them, and you placed any wagers based upon my predictions, I require a 10% cut of all the winnings.

If you place any wagers based upon my predictions and lose, well, what's wrong with you?! Listening to me... yeesh. You need to have your head examined...

In case you need a list yourself of all the nominees in all the categories, go Here (E! Online).

No comments: