Monday, January 30, 2006

Three Week - Day Two

Topic: You've just bought a new box of Crayola Crayons, the big 96 count box. You open it up, what are the first three crayons you pull out and examine, and why?



  1. "Outrageous Orange"
    I hate these stupid names Crayola has given the crayons. But for the record, I'm actually sitting here with a box of 96 crayons. I like orange. It's an autumn color, and I love the golds, yellows, oranges of the seasons. I also like the 'quirkier' colors, and this is almost a neon orange color. I think it speaks to me. What it's saying, I have no clue

  2. "Steel Blue"
    This is a metallic crayon, as is the third one. Unfortunately Crayola doesn't have pics of the metallic crayons on their site (like they did the orange above). I have to admit a certain attractiveness to the "shiney object"-ness of this crayon. I'm not that fond of true blue colors, but I like the odder/less seen blues, like the teal/peacock blues, the copenhagen type blues, and this metallic blue. Ironically, I will probably *never* use this or the third choice in any artwork (although I have used crayons before, which is why I have a box here). They are highly impractical (unless you're a kid, I guess), but they're so dang pretty!

  3. "Big Dip O' Ruby"
    Seriously, that's what it's called! It's a metallic red, with a slight (ever so slight) hint of violet. That's one of the things I like about it. I really like red in general, but red when it's on paper almost *never* looks like the 'container'. Be it crayon, marker, paint, the red always looks different (and better, IMO) when it's actually used on paper. But this crayon really does have a ruby sparkle to it. Again, the shiney thing. LOL! But as I said before, I'd probably *never* use it. Maybe someday I'll get these unusuable crayons laminated and hang them on my wall...




And just so nobody has to scroll down unnecessarily:

My "Three Week" tags:
Reciprocal - Beginnings
Chelle - It's my Escape
Shrew - The Taming
Brenda - Planet Brenda

No comments: