Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What's been happening?

Guess I should post a little update. Well, I spent another week in the hospital (actually, three seperate visits), but I learned a couple of things. Also, I lost 24 pounds in the span of less than 2 weeks. Not a good way to do it, but I'm taking it as a 'start' to lose more weight in a healthier manner (so far I'm doing iffy. I was doing alright, but eating maybe 1000 calories a day. Finally got over this illness, and my appetite came back with a vengeance. Fortunately, I have some very good, specific, healthy plans for breakfasts and lunches that I'll be trying out over the next two weeks. What's really good is, they're healthy and filling, and still leave me some room to 'splurge' a little with dinner).

I am also starting to walk more (still have problems, so I don't walk daily, but a few times a week at least). My goal is 5-10 thousand steps per walk, which is actually pretty easy to achieve. I took a walk to my local store to get a loaf of bread, which amounted to a 45 minute, 7k step walk. So it's an extremely realistic goal.

So, wish me luck on my weight loss endeavors, and in my health issues.

No comments: